Midwest Phonograph Show

audiophile102

audiophile102

I look forward to attending the Phonograph Show every year and I'm grateful to everyone at the APS for keeping it going.  This year I had planned to attend on Saturday, but something unexpected happened and I came with my good friend Roger Merenkov today, (Sunday).  We came right after 10AM and we were disappointed to discover that many of the vendors were in the process of packing up or had already left.  I don't have any idea how to administer a show, so I hesitate to make any suggestions.  I just hope that in future the vendors will be encouraged to wait until later on in the last day to pack up.  We didn't have to pay for attending, but had the vendors remained I would have been glad to buy the tickets.  I look forward to reading and seeing how the show went for those who came on Friday and Saturday.

• Thanks 1

MisterJive47
10 hours ago, audiophile102 said:

I look forward to attending the Phonograph Show every year and I'm grateful to everyone at the APS for keeping it going.  This year I had planned to attend on Saturday, but something unexpected happened and I came with my good friend Roger Merenkov today, (Sunday).  We came right after 10AM and we were disappointed to discover that many of the vendors were in the process of packing up or had already left.  I don't have any idea how to administer a show, so I hesitate to make any suggestions.  I just hope that in future the vendors will be encouraged to wait until later on in the last day to pack up.  We didn't have to pay for attending, but had the vendors remained I would have been glad to buy the tickets.  I look forward to reading and seeing how the show went for those who came on Friday and Saturday.

I can understand your frustration. we may well have talked whilst you were at the show as I was one of the few that held on until the afternoon to start wrapping things up. This was both my first year as a vendor, as well as my first Sunday at the show. I was surprised as well, but I think between the predicted rain and the fact that this coincided with Father's Day, most were eager to make the drive home and weren't anticipating much action.

I was a pleasure to have finally had the chance to go around and kibitz with everyone, in spite of the fact I neither attended the reception nor banquet (I'm planning it for next year, however). My girlfriend and I were able to meet some really nice folks that we're looking forward to keeping in contact with. We appreciate all the help, business, and hospitality given to us by our fellow members.

I was happy to see that there was, it seemed, an even larger share of people my age and younger who were coming in on Saturday compared to the last two years. It certainly gives me optimism toward the future of both the phonograph and 78 collecting hobbies.

• Like 1