Coming to the Midwest APS Show

phono-phan

phono-phan

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the show coming up Friday-Sunday.  I will be bringing a LOT of great parts.  Rare reproducers include a Rigid Arm Concert, Mobley long throat, Tapered Arm Concerts, Eldridge R. Johnson Concert, Victor Long Throat, Victor Concert, Columbia floating, Columbia Long Throat, etc..........I will have two Rigid Arm Elbows.  I will also have for sale a Victor IV, III,R,  Columbia BNW, Columbia BWT, Amberola 30, Amberola 50, Victrola IX, and what ever else I can get in the truck.  Several Victor and Columbia front mount traveling arms, brass elbows, etc.....  I will also have several Victor and Columbia front mount horns.  If you have never been to this show, you're missing out on some great deals.  

I hope to see your there!!!!!

• Like 1

MisterJive47

After attending for many years, this will be my first time attempting a booth at the Midwest show. I'm excited (and honestly, a bit nervous at the same time 😅😂). I'm bringing a bunch of cylinders, discs, as well as parts, motors, horns, and a handful of machines. The rarest thing I'm bringing is a rear mount Talkophone in need of restoration that I'd like to find a good home for, as well as my Victor II and IV outside horn machines and a 1935 Crosley Centurion 5 band tombstone radio. Looking forward to kibitzing with everyone and, hopefully selling some stuff for more hobby 💸 

Edited by MisterJive47

phono-phan

I have to say that this was one of my best shows for selling phonographs and parts!!!  Thanks to all involved in getting this show set up.  I'm counting down the days until next year already. 

• Like 2

melvind

I loved the show as well. I am on my way home with a real treasure.

20240614_154150.thumb.jpg.b3f3211f66ea5be1a32732466f9dcd90.jpg

• Like 3

MisterJive47
1 hour ago, melvind said:

This was an absolute gem. Less than ten minutes out on the floor. You sure bought a beauty. You'll have to share some videos on YouTube of it playing some fine Caruso or Melba records as the factory intended. 🤌🏻

melvind

I will be sure to do that once I get back to the West Coast! 

Valecnik
On 6/17/2024 at 11:42 PM, phono-phan said:

I have to say that this was one of my best shows for selling phonographs and parts!!!  Thanks to all involved in getting this show set up.  I'm counting down the days until next year already. 

Happy to do my part at boosting the Wisconsin economy Ken!  Also, very nice to see you again!

Valecnik
On 6/18/2024 at 12:08 AM, melvind said:

Yes you did get a real treasure there Dan.  Didn't even see that one.  You must have gotten it early.  Just beautiful!

• Like 1

MisterJive47
22 hours ago, Valecnik said:

Yes you did get a real treasure there Dan.  Didn't even see that one.  You must have gotten it early.  Just beautiful!

Yes, he snatched it up fast. I can't say as I blame him either. The mahogany is like a red mirror. Very beautiful example.

melvind
On 6/22/2024 at 10:55 AM, Valecnik said:

Thanks Bruce. I saw it just after it was put out, took the time to go to my booth and count my money to see if I could pull it off, returned and bought it on the spot. It spent the rest of the show by the wall covered by a victrola blanket (thanks to Jerry Blais' mother from years ago) until I loaded it in the trailer. It's home now and just needs to get down the stairs. My neighbor will help me with that very soon.

• Like 2

Valecnik

I think I saw it there covered with the blanket by the door.  I just never peeked underneath!

MisterJive47

He just posted a video of it for those who hadn't seen. Quite the gem. 

• Thanks 1