Planned Outage - Sunday 5 May - 2A - 4A, EDT - Platform Upgrade ×

Historic Teddy Roosevelt Cylinder the RARE one

homestead

homestead

I've been in contact with Duncan Miller of Vulcan records about the possibility of making the elusive 4th Theodore Roosevelt Edison Cylinder available to collectors.

In 1912 while running for President as the Progressive Party candidate, (Bull Moose Party) Roosevelt recorded 4 Wax Amberol Cylinders for Edison. Upon Teddy Roosevelt's death in 1919, the Edison company reissued 3 of these cylinders as Blue Amberols, but the forth one, the Progressive Party Covenant with the People, was not reissued and remains only available in the extremely fragile 4 min. wax format and is rare indeed. With my suggesting, he is considering issuing it. Many of us collectors have the 3 set of the Blue Amberols and would love to have the 4th to make it complete. He is looking for a good clean soundtrack to use. Any ideas????? I would also personally like to know how many collectors out there would like to complete their Teddy Roosevelt sets....I'm sure I am not alone in this. Thanks for helping restore history!    BULLY!   James Manker    PS  the UCSB database does not have it in their listings, only the reissued Blue Amberols.  The Library of Congress copy is only OK and somewhat muddy sounding.

Teddy on Record.webp

RodPickett

Attached you will find a "reasonable" transfer from an unreleased BA version and associated transcript.

When an opportunity presents for a better, professional transfer of this BA can be made, it could be used for cylinder reproduction. 

"We stand at Armageddon, and we battle for the Lord"

Roosevelt - A Progressive Covenant With the People.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1