I bid farewell

After collecting these wonderful machines and recordings for over 38 years I have decided to bid adieu to the collection. I have had a wonderful time and the APS is such a great resource to have had access to but, I have run out of room and I wish to explore other avenues now. My wife has informed me in no uncertain terms that I am a collector by nature which may be contributing to the problem. Honestly, I don't want my wife to have to deal with this if something were to happen to me so my setting these wheels in motion now which makes a lot of sense to me. My machines will be going into auction and I hope to move my 4000 plus disc and cylinder recordings on as one lump. Once I know more details I can pass them on here if anyone is interested. To everyone who every answered a question for me or gave me feedback over the years, thank you.

Edited by Mainspring

Very best of luck to you!

What you're doing is inevitable for those of us who don't want our collections to become an albatross around the necks of our loved ones.  I don't envy you the process, but I plan to follow suit in about 10 years.  Maybe 11 or 12...

Again, best of luck now and in your future endeavors.

George P.

Tinfoilphono

I'm sorry to learn that you are departing the hobby, but I do understand your thought process. I've been facing the same challenge, but I'm not quite ready to turn away completely. Yet, at least.

Good luck!

I think many of us will be facing exactly what you are dealing with as we move forward. Like George, I hope for another decade or so, but things could happen anytime over the next few years. Good luck with your sales and I hope it doesn't cause too much stress as you move forward. Good Luck with you new adventures!

• Like 1

I certainly understand the need to make arrangements for your collection so that it goes to those who can appreciate and enjoy it. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you will continue to be an active part of the phonograph collecting community, even if you liquidate your collection. Your input in forum discussions is always appreciated and hope that it will continue. You don’t need to have a collection to be a phonograph enthusiast and part of our community.

• Like 2