Columbia Q governor screw.

Oceanlinerfanatic191

Oceanlinerfanatic191

Does anyone have a site or link for a replacement screw on the Columbia q governor.  

Oceanlinerfanatic191
On 1/23/2024 at 4:05 PM, phonogfp said:

Try George Vollema: http://www.victroladoctor.com/

or

Brian Parlier
The Phonograph Shop
https://www.facebook.com/ThePhonographShop/

www.thephonographshop.com

brian@thephonographshop.com

George P.

No luck, I just checked all of them and they said they cant help me. I will probably use hot glue to hold it in place until I get a replacement considering the glue is easy to remove. One of my friends requested soldering it but the damage I feel will be irreversible so I declined.

Your instincts regarding soldering were correct.  I would also discourage hot glue.  I suspect the governor screw you need is a common size used on several different governors - especially those built by American Graphophone.  If anyone has a junk governor from an Eagle, an AT or other common machine, perhaps they'll step up.

George P.

• Like 1

Good morning Travis

what happened one of the screws got lost? I have two screws leftover from a restore project . I’ll mail one out to you . They can get lost easily there so small.

Dan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oceanlinerfanatic191
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Good morning Travis

what happened one of the screws got lost? I have two screws leftover from a restore project . I’ll mail one out to you . They can get lost easily there so small.

Dan

Hey Dan

So the screw that holds the governor spring onto the actual governor flew off while it was spinning. I tightened the rest of the screws with a Flathead and so they are fine. Last night, I found my small radio that had an Identical screw. I took the screw off the mandrel and replaced it with a longer one from my radio. The screw from the mandrel fits perfectly on the governor. I wouldn't need a screw anymore but thank you for the offer. The machine works great. I am currently working on a 3d printed reproducer. My friend will pull the glass for me for the stylus. Thank you again

Travis

44 minutes ago, Oceanlinerfanatic191 said:

Hey Dan

So the screw that holds the governor spring onto the actual governor flew off while it was spinning. I tightened the rest of the screws with a Flathead and so they are fine. Last night, I found my small radio that had an Identical screw. I took the screw off the mandrel and replaced it with a longer one from my radio. The screw from the mandrel fits perfectly on the governor. I wouldn't need a screw anymore but thank you for the offer. The machine works great. I am currently working on a 3d printed reproducer. My friend will pull the glass for me for the stylus. Thank you again

Travis

Ok , but I mailed it already you can replace the screw you used or just hold on to it you never know.

Dan

• Like 1

Just now, Dan said:

Ok , but I mailed it already you can replace the screw you used or just hold on to it you never know.

Dan

That reproducer sounds interesting, show some pictures when your done 

• Like 1

Oceanlinerfanatic191
48 minutes ago, Dan said:

That reproducer sounds interesting, show some pictures when your done 

Oh, Thank you. Would you like me to pay you back?

2 minutes ago, Oceanlinerfanatic191 said:

Oh, Thank you. Would you like me to pay you back?

No don’t worry about it

• Like 1

Oceanlinerfanatic191
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

No don’t worry about it

Alright.  Thanks for you generosity.   

Travis