Peerless - Albaugh brothers

Neilvanstem

Neilvanstem

This record is about 10 3/4 inch in diameter like some of the blue shellacs. Made from American Record Company masters and pressed 1906 though wonder if it was recorded in 1904 originally? A nice song I like by two I like with drum and fife effects. At the very beginning you hear someone say something softly then another says what sounds like take three. Wondered if anyone else has this record and what you think they say? I only have one of this label so thinking it might be somewhat uncommon?

100_2895.JPG

100_2897.JPG

100_2902.JPG

PatheLogical

Nice record Neil!  

That's another one I still don't have.   I know you've got all the pertinent record books, and have likely researched  the label thoroughly.   Maybe someone here has that title/matrix/take on one of its affiliated labels and can help you.   Unfortunately, there's nothing more I can add, other than to say I want one ? !!!

Bob  

• Like 1

Neilvanstem

Someone on facebook has said they hear the word Dixie and then I too heard it. Though the very soft words before that cannot be understood. It is nice that I was able to record the beginning and upload it to the APS facebook group. 

The "Peerless Disc Records" label sold through Albaugh Bros., Dover & Co. is indeed an uncommon label in my experience.  It's clearly an American Record Company pressing, and retains the ARCo catalog number.  The example pictured below (Second Connecticut National Guard March) has only a very subtle "Damaskeening" pattern on the reverse side, but many ARCo pressings have it.

George P.

AmericanPeerless.JPG

• Like 2