VE 955 (Electric) Ser# 707

ArtDecoDon

I bought this cabinet for $40 sometime back.   It is missing the turntable, Correct part # VE10-50C It currently has the wrong receiver installed in it.   I'd like to get it back to original if possible.   Anyone have parts for this for sale?   

Thanks  

Don

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0013.JPG

20230727_172530[1].jpg

electrolaman

I find this post a bit confusing. The images of the VE9-55E you have posted above are of MY VE9-55E in MY HOUSE. If you want help finding parts for your 9-55 cabinet you should show images of what you have. Thus those of us who are knowledgeable can help advise on exactly what you will need.

Regards, 

Carlton Smith

Indianapolis 

Don, we’d like to see photos of the cabinet you are starting with, you mention both the 9-55 and that 10-50 in your posting. Locating the right parts, particularly the swinging radio chassis will probably prove to be rather difficult. Restoration will be hampered if the cabinet was modified to fit the newer radio chassis. Finding the 9-55 record changer will be equally hard, you may find one for the 10-50 but there are differences between the acoustic 10-50 and the electrical 9-55 mechanism that make them incompatible. The amplifier and wiring harness will be hard to find as well. While a worth project, the chances of locating everything you’ll need will be difficult and expensive unless you just happen to find a complete 9-55 in a rough cabinet. The cost will likely exceed the value.

Please post some photos. Is the gold 9-55 ID tag still inside the changer compartment? Those are sometimes missing too!

If you do find the right turntable and changer I can supply a new parts kit to replace the always-bad potmetal components so that the changer will function like new.

Mark

Edited by MarkELynch