Arionola table top phonograph

Dan

Good afternoon all I recently bought an Arionola phonograph I’m trying to finds parts . Precisely the tone arm and reproducer. Does anyone know of a source for parts for this machine.? I didn’t see much on eBay? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan

For an off-brand, Arionola has a fun history. They were manufactured by the Arion Manufacturing Co. of Boston, which originally made shoe horns.

Of the ones I've seen they've used supplier parts, so I'd suggest adding some photos to help.  

Edited by BenL

4 minutes ago, BenL said:

For an off-brand, Arionola has a fun history. They were manufactured by the Arion Manufacturing Co. of Boston, which originally made shoe horns.

Of the ones I've seen they've used supplier parts, so I'd suggest adding some photos to help.  

Thanks Ben Here’s a couple photos

IMG_3882.jpeg

IMG_3885.jpeg

1 minute ago, Django said:

I have those parts.  Would you like me to post some pictures?

Sure that would be great ,  if your selling them that’s would be even better

This is what I have.  The reproducer needs seals around the diaphragm.  The should polish up likely.  Approximately where would these parts be heading to?

C62D0E99-8ABB-4A8B-AB45-BB1DC8FA11C3.jpeg

CEA2CF48-CE3F-4147-94FA-D7CED9194359.jpeg

A161CB73-969B-4ED9-8C71-EA550F9D3D27.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Django said:

This is what I have.  The reproducer needs seals around the diaphragm.  The should polish up likely.  Approximately where would these parts be heading to?

C62D0E99-8ABB-4A8B-AB45-BB1DC8FA11C3.jpeg

CEA2CF48-CE3F-4147-94FA-D7CED9194359.jpeg

A161CB73-969B-4ED9-8C71-EA550F9D3D27.jpeg

That what I need, I live in Hasbrouck Heights Nj 07604

Dan, you need to jump on those, they are exactly what you need and you may never run across them again.  I have a complete Arionola and have never run across parts or a salvage machine...

2 hours ago, CurtA said:

Dan, you need to jump on those, they are exactly what you need and you may never run across them again.  I have a complete Arionola and have never run across parts or a salvage machine...

Yes I found that out ,  I hope can get them Thanks Curt.

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Yes I found that out ,  I hope can get them Thanks Curt.

Dan,  Shipping should be reasonable since I am in New Hampshire.  PM an offer if you are interested.  Thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Django said:

Dan,  Shipping should be reasonable since I am in New Hampshire.  PM an offer if you are interested.  Thanks

George,

I don't know if Dan is a newbie in the hobby, but it might help if you gave him an idea of what you would consider reasonable for these parts, rather than ask him.  I've been collecting for 40 yrs and wouldn't have a clue what to "offer" for them.  They may be hard to find, but Arionolas are not a rare, expensive machine when complete...  Of course, he's interested, he won't find them anywhere else and you don't have a use for them...

2 hours ago, CurtA said:

George,

I don't know if Dan is a newbie in the hobby, but it might help if you gave him an idea of what you would consider reasonable for these parts, rather than ask him.  I've been collecting for 40 yrs and wouldn't have a clue what to "offer" for them.  They may be hard to find, but Arionolas are not a rare, expensive machine when complete...  Of course, he's interested, he won't find them anywhere else and you don't have a use for them...

We already worked out a price and I will be sending them out in the morning.

Offers are hard from either side, but I think that it was a fair deal.  I do appreciate your enthusiasm.  It’s nice to see that some people still care.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CurtA said:

Glad you guys worked it out...  Another phonograph saved from the scrap pile.

Thanks guys I thought I’d be looking a lot longer for these. I’ll post a picture when I finish working on it. 
Dan

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
MisterJive47

Correct me if I'm wrong,  but I think i recognize this unit from a recent eBay listing? Either way, nice find! Good luck on restoring it!

You are correct Mr Jive very observant, with Django’s (George’s) and others on this sites help I have all the parts I need and information I need to rescue this phonograph. Thanks All for the help

Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1