Next machine a Columbia BF

nippers_lounge

nippers_lounge

So, i have been looking to buy a Columbia BF Graphophone.  Because this machine can play the six inch cylinder records that Columbia produced! 

nippers_lounge

There are two members on the Talking Machine Forum who each have a Columbia BF. That they are willing to sell. One is in really good shape, the other would need a bit of work.  

nippers_lounge

I was able to find a Columbia BF machine with a winding crank and a reproducer included, minus the horn.  Only because I was willing to pay $400.00. The gentleman lives in south New Jersey. 

Paul

• Like 1

nippers_lounge

Well, I received my new Columbia BF Graphophone today. I bought it from a fellow collector and member of the talking machine forum. This machine is in fantastic condition and plays well. I will need to get a horn for it. In fact the Gentleman I bought it from has a horn I could buy.  Now I can look for the Columbia six inch cylinder records.

IMG_5701.jpeg

IMG_5702.jpeg

• Like 3

Tinfoilphono

An original 14" aluminum horn would be perfect. It's a great machine and very attractive in its styling.

• Like 1

nippers_lounge
7 hours ago, Tinfoilphono said:

An original 14" aluminum horn would be perfect. It's a great machine and very attractive in its styling.

I was thinking the same thing!

nippers_lounge
8 hours ago, CurtA said:

I have always liked the cabinet styles.  I have a BKT, a BFT and a BET... glad you found one.

Thank you Curt!  This  is a very nice machine!

Nice machine. The are good players. Good luck with your search for the 6 inch records. They can be pricey but they are out there.

• Like 1

nippers_lounge
1 hour ago, melvind said:

Nice machine. The are good players. Good luck with your search for the 6 inch records. They can be pricey but they are out there.

Thank you!  That is true!