Victrola available to a good home!

GailColeman

GailColeman

I have a 1916 Victrola from my parents, model VV-XI-393666. I think it dates to 1916. I would like to give it to someone who will refinish and enjoy it. 

Serious calls only plz 217-899-8070. It would have to be picked up in Springfield Illinois. Some records available as well. 

gails feb 2012 004.JPG

gails feb 2012 006.JPG

gails feb 2012 011.JPG

gails feb 2012 012.JPG

gails feb 2012 013.JPG

That's a beauty, in oak no less! That should clean up nicely. It's just 23,333 units later than my mahogany XI, serial 370333G (1917). Yours has the "fat" tone arm with Exhibition sound box!  Not the no. 2 sound box, which is curious, as I thought the two went together. Still, with a well-restored and regulated Exhibition this machine should sound terrific. Probably needs a CLA on the mechanicals, too. At this point, VTMCo hadn't gotten around to simplifying the cabinet corner posts, which makes this machine even more desirable, IMO. Whoever gets this one is going to get a real gem! And you can't beat the price!

Cranks-n-Horns417

I wish I could. I'm just down the road in Springfield, Missouri but without wheels. Anyone passing through the area interested in delivering it to me for say $200 ?

Edited by Cranks-n-Horns417

• 4 weeks later...
Springmotor70

I just wanted to let everyone know that this machine was picked up by me on the way to the Midwest Music Expo.  The mysterious dust and lines shown in the photos was old termite damage!  I have only seen this on a few other machines before but usually the damage was confined to the legs.  In this case the insects followed up a corner and began to eat into the softer wood beneath the veneer.  They also built trails on the surface inside the lid.   The machine was used in a demonstration on working with original finishes at the expo and then given to a young new collector who was attending the expo for the first time!  I am sure he will have fun with the project and will work hard to bring it back.

• Like 3

That's great, Darren!

I hope the termites have been/will be exterminated before it goes into a house!

George P.