Another excited new phonograph owner

phono-phan

phono-phan

I recently stopped in at SweeterTimes candy and antique store in Merrill, WI.  The lady there had several boxes of 78s and Edison Diamond Disc records.  But, she didn't have anything to play them on.  I told her that I had some old phonographs available and she was very excited to see what was available.  I sent her some pictures and she fell in love with a heavily oak grained Bush and Lane.  She told me that she would love to have one but has no way of transporting it.  I told her that I would deliver it.  She then expressed interest in the Edison B250 I also sent her pictures of.  She ended up buying both.  I delivered them yesterday and she was VERY excited.  I also gave her a crate full of records and a stack of Diamond Discs.  I noticed one of the records on top was an Irish Jig and asked her if she was Irish.  She proudly said YES.  I showed her the record and she had me play it right away.  We ended up finding several more Irish records in the crate.  She had me put the phonographs on either side of her check out counter.  I am sure that the rest of her day was filled with playing the records I brought and the ones she already had.   If you are ever in the Merrill WI area, stop in and visit with her.  Her shop is at 409 West Main Street.  She is very proud of her two, new to her, phonographs.   And, the candy is awesome!!!!!

IMG_1777.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
MisterJive47

Thanks for inducting another person into the hobby. Well-done! I'll have to check out her shop sometime.