Excited new collector

phono-phan

phono-phan

I brought home a nice Edison W-19 Diamond Disc phonograph yesterday. It has a new home with 14 year old Tristan. He and his Father came to pick it up this morning. Tristan is very excited. I offered to give him this phonograph for free but they insisted on paying me back what I bought it for which was only $50. I have given away several old phonographs to young people with the desire to have one and learn all about them. Tristan already has two other wind up phonographs for 78s and also just acquired an Edison model B Standard. He has taken them to his school to share in his interest in old phonographs. Some of his friends are now also interested in them. He is definitely got the phonograph bug.

lda6ldgf.png.0dcc4744b06ed5866fecd6747c45b0e5.png

Edited by RodPickett
rotate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Starting the kid out right with a Laboratory Model Edison.  That's just fantastic!  My first Edison,  first machine of any sort was an Edison H-19 Hepplewhite.  I didn't even know something like a W-250 or C-19 existed.

RodPickett
9 hours ago, phono-phan said:

Not sure why the picture doesn't post upright.  I tried a few times. 

You may be able to hover-over the upper-right corner of your posted photo to see an "edit" selection.  There, you can rotate & crop, "save to clipboard" and re-paste back into your post.

Cranks-n-Horns417

I wonder if APS has ever considered offering something like a "free membership" for interested folks under a certain age like 21? 

• Like 1

Chrisingramci

Great to see someone raised in this digital age develop an interest, and perhaps a passion, for the roots of recorded mass media!

Edited by Chrisingramci

16 hours ago, Cranks-n-Horns417 said:

I wonder if APS has ever considered offering something like a "free membership" for interested folks under a certain age like 21? 

Yes - the APS has given free memberships to young people many times in the past.  Additionally, the APS has given free antique phonographs to young people who have shown an interest.

George P.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...