June Arrives Early For APS Members ×

Victor VV-4-3 tab brake missing

Joplin-Collector

Joplin-Collector

I bought an early Victor VV-4-3 “consolette” on FB yesterday and it’s missing the simple tab brake (start / stop lever). Removed the turntable and the motor board is solid with just a hole for the spindle. The tab brake on my VV-VI just mounts with 2 small screws about the 1 o’clock position… but there are no holes on the VV-4-3 motor board which suggests one was ever mounted. I’m stumped. Any ideas? Thanks!

MisterJive47
3 hours ago, Joplin-Collector said:

I bought an early Victor VV-4-3 “consolette” on FB yesterday and it’s missing the simple tab brake (start / stop lever). Removed the turntable and the motor board is solid with just a hole for the spindle. The tab brake on my VV-VI just mounts with 2 small screws about the 1 o’clock position… but there are no holes on the VV-4-3 motor board which suggests one was ever mounted. I’m stumped. Any ideas? Thanks!

That's rather bizarre that there's no holes. Here's how mine is. To my knowledge, all of them would've come with the automatic brake which is a single piece unit.

20230320_202831.jpg

Joplin-Collector

It’s an early serial number (35xxx) VV-4-3 that I think predated the later auto brake models. I looked closer this morning and there are 3 very tiny holes in the motor board where it mounted. There’s also some light wear where the lever stuck out… so it had it at one time.

Got a few requests out to the parts suppliers. If anyone here might have a spare… please let me know! Also need a single door pull and needle cup for it.

Steve

Joplin Collector

• Like 1

I have these parts from an early consolette.  Let me know if any are of interest.

Tone arm, break, speed control, nice TT.  Etc.

Matt

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
MisterJive47

I don't know if it'd be of help to you, but I just saw this come up on eBay. You might be able to talk him down or have him part it out.

Screenshot_20230402-101104_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230402-101111_eBay.jpg