Duncan electric brake

kevin

Just picked up Craigslist C-250 with the Duncan electric brake system.  I don’t have the correct reproducer, but everything else with the exception of the original battery seems to be there.  Any experience or articles done on this contraption?  Thanks.

Kevin,

Yes, there are two articles on the Edison Automatic Stop (often mistakenly called the "Duncan Stop") in the "Technical Articles" section of the APS website (available to members only).  The new website launched today (Monday September 5, 2022), so it's quite possible that some sections are not yet functional.

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

My 2 articles on the Edison "Electric Automatic Stop" appeared in the "Technical Articles" section as George mentioned, but it appears that may not be active yet.

Here are my own pdf files of them for reference. These may be slightly different than the articles previously found on the APS website, as I added to them later, IIRC. However, the 2 pdf files below should provide you with everything you need to know.

EAS Adjustment and restoration 3-3-16.pdf The Edison Electric Automatic Stop 12-20-14.pdf

Fran,

Some content was lost and unrecoverable from our malware attacks last year.

These two, specifically were not recovered but are contained with larger publication, correct?

• Like 1

They were missing from our files and two Articles have been uploaded into the Library Search Engine.  It will take some time before they are completely processed and available.

Article_Advanced_Edison-Automatic-Stop-Adjustment.pdf

Article_Advanced_Edison-Automatic-Stop-Overview.pdf

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RodPickett said:

Fran,

Some content was lost and unrecoverable from our malware attacks last year.

These two, specifically were not recovered but are contained with larger publication, correct?

Hi Rod,

I'm not sure, but you might be correct. I'll see if I can determine what my final draft I put together for the website might have been. I hope I'm not causing more problems than I'm resolving. Thank you for all you do!

Fran

Edited by Fran604g