Enrico Caruso Bust

melvind

This bust is made of hollow plaster, at least if feels like plaster. It is 19.5 inches tall and has a maker name and date on the back. I have not been able to find anything about the maker or the item anywhere. It is dated 1921 so I am assuming it came out just after Caruso's death in August 1921.

Does anyone know about this maker or have any further information on the bust?

20200608_213630.thumb.jpg.fd81e124d5f6e5681e73376b0a123461.jpg20200608_213725.thumb.jpg.ae433fddfcf8d795371a37da239c75dc.jpg

By the way, I got this from a certain collector who picks up and delivers things all over the country and is on his way to meet some folks at the Union parking lot even though the show was cancelled. He has taunted me with it for several years and had sweetened a deal recently and included the bust when I bought something else. ?

Auxetophone

I'll PM you with my shipping address. ?

You and I have very similar tastes, it seems...

• Haha 1

Hi Dan,

I can't help you identify the bust or its sculptor but I thought you'd like the mosaic my sister-in-law just made me for my birthday.  

John

Enrico.thumb.JPG.97b95c4a067c8e99fe4e370b2572e278.JPG

• Thanks 1

Auxetophone

John, you have a very talented sister-in-law! 

Pretty soon, I'm going to have to find a way to purchase the Caruso mausoleum to compete with these fabulous pieces of Caruso memorabilia ?

Thanks Dan.  It took about two months and she had the free time, courtesy of the pandemic.  Good thing I didn't have to pay for it!

John