Can this Edison Fireside Model B be dated. SN 121188

LyneisFilm

I am restoring the Edison Fireside Model B sn 121118, which came through my wife's family and was in Wisconsin until the 1970's.  After the reproducer was rebuilt by Wyatt Markus and I added a temporary 12 DC motor, it sounds quite good.

I tried uploading an image .  It is jpg about 500 k, but the upload failed.  I haven't found any suggestions on the forum about requirements for uploading photos.  If there are some please point me there.

Edited by LyneisFilm
Spelling mistake corrected

Your Model B Fireside is a late example.  The Model B Fireside was introduced in October 1912 at approximately serial #100,000.  According to Frow, production stabilized at 600 per week in early 1913.  This would suggest that your example dates from 1915 - - the last year of Fireside manufacture.

I'm sorry I can't offer more precise details.

George P.

1915 makes sense from the cylinders that survived with this machine and what we know about the family farm at that time.

Thanks for the information.

2 hours ago, LyneisFilm said:

1915 makes sense from the cylinders that survived with this machine and what we know about the family farm at that time.

Thanks for the information.

That's a very late serial no. indeed.   My A model with the early yellow feathered pen striping, versus the later, more typically seen blue and gold pen striping has the serial no. 1941.