Yay! The site is back!

melvind

Yes, we are back up officially as of last night, now just working out some minor issues this morning. It’s been quite a saga…stay tuned for the full report!

As an APS Board member, I've been able to "look over the shoulders" of the people working on this, and it's truly a daunting task.  My hat's off to everyone who is rebuilding out sites!

George P.

We are still investigating high CPU utilization on the new server causing some slowness and increased page load times, hopefully this will be resolved soon. Unfortunately we had to revert to a backup from July 17 to be sure that it was prior to the malware attack, so we did lose any posts after that date. We are on a new host now and we are actively working to tighten security even more and get the APS site up to date to avoid this from happening in the future. 

• Like 3

Excellent!  Thanks very much Auxetophone and those who supported you in getting this back up.  It's very much appreciated!

5 minutes ago, Valecnik said:

I don't know if others are still experiencing this but for me the loading times are quite lengthy.

We are aware of the issue and are working tirelessly to resolve it. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Auxetophone said:

We are aware of the issue and are working tirelessly to resolve it. 

Some how I didn't doubt that for a minute!

• 2 weeks later...

Came back to the forum a after a couple days away and YES, the performance is great again! Thanks again to all those who worked so hard to restore it!

Andreas

22 minutes ago, alang said:

Came back to the forum a after a couple days away and YES, the performance is great again! Thanks again to all those who worked so hard to restore it!

Andreas

You have good timing! We finally determined the cause just this morning. Unfortunately the cause was related to the main APS website utilizing too many resources, so that is currently down for maintenance and will be back up as soon as possible. 

• Like 2