Sønner af Norge in honor of the Norwegian national day

Valecnik

I made this video some years ago already for the Norwegian national day which is today, the 17th of May.

RodPickett

Thank you for sharing this.  The announcement is very special indeed.  Congratulations on your "National Day", today.

I noticed the lateral adaptor in the back of your cabinet.  Edison, very briefly, offered one but quickly withdrew it.

An Edison authorized photo of the $1.75 "sound-box adaptor" was taken 2 Mar 1914 on an Edison A-150, with the label on the Victor record "blacked-out"

This photo and description of the adaptor can be found on p. 39 of "The Edison Disc Phonographs and the Diamond Discs", by George Frow.

I have an example of this Edison sound-box adaptor and will post a photo if I can locate it.

• Like 1

Thanks Rod.  Yes the best part of this video for me is surely the introduction.  I definitely like to see your adapter if you can find it.  The one you see in the video here came with that A-250 and it says Edison on the face but it's in fact a Victrola no. 2 back on the reproducer.  I think it  was home made sometime later.