Phono Demos

Mainspring

Just curious to see what people are doing, if at all, for phonograph demos. I do a few every year and have a small one coming up this coming weekend. I am taking a Columbia AB with 4Foot horn, a Victor I, Victor VV-50 portable, possibly a Columbia Q, a couple small ones like a Mignonphone and a Pigmy phone and a Gem model C. A selection of Cylinders and discs to play. The demo is in the open air at the local historical society. I have a 2 page flyer I made with some basic info and just spend my time spinning records and talking to a few folks. Basically trying to stir interest in the hobby among young folks.

Neilvanstem

Demos... I call them phonograph presentations. I had shown my doctor's office at Oak Street health my recommendations from others I had done this for and on paper what I would show/talk about and also some photos of my machines. They thought it great but since it seems most folks nowadays are Spanish speakers they would not understand me. So to my disappointment they said no. So to my regret I cannot be understood any longer in my neighborhood. Sad but true.

Mainspring
47 minutes ago, Neilvanstem said:

Demos... I call them phonograph presentations. I had shown my doctor's office at Oak Street health my recommendations from others I had done this for and on paper what I would show/talk about and also some photos of my machines. They thought it great but since it seems most folks nowadays are Spanish speakers they would not understand me. So to my disappointment they said no. So to my regret I cannot be understood any longer in my neighborhood. Sad but true.

Neil, that blows. Sorry to hear that. My demo/presentation was woefully witnessed. I think everyone was somewhere other than where I was this weekend. On the other hand, some friends were they and they enjoyed the music. The public who came by just looked then averted their eyes, whether it was out of disinterest or a lack of understanding I know not.