Nauck’s Vintage Record Auction

nippers_lounge

I have a number of times in the past, but not recently. He has great stuff but the prices can get really high for the stuff everyone wants.

• Like 1

I do. Last week I submitted about 40 bids with little hope. Lots of big spenders on there but I do always manage to win a couple items.

• 1 month later...
MisterJive47

I finally did for the first time on this past auction (#73 I believe). Out of 60 bids..., I won three 🤣. I do believe that bidding at the last minute may have been my undoing however, what with it being a "mail-in" catalog auction as opposed to an active online one such as I'm used to with eBay. Different tactics are clearly necessary if you are to have any hopes of winning. Granted, I also don't have the purse to be bidding on a $250 minimum Blind Lemon Jefferson record either.

nippers_lounge

I submitted 70 bids, and won eleven records.  Over the years I have learned a few things, to help me.  As Kurt Says: “Bid High and Bid often”.  Placing my bids early in the auction, once he has the pdf file set up as well as the online Bidsheet, which I use. You can get your bids in sooner and have a better chance. Most people will do a minimum bid, but some will bid higher. I did learn latter after the auction was over, that I should round my minimum bid by a penny. Like 15.01 instead of 15.00.  Also, he will put up the unsold records as well. 

Cranks-n-Horns417

I used to bid on and win early Victor records "Grand Prize and earlier" at Nauck's but some financial/health related changes meant I had to stop.